Foye scores 13 as Timberwolves top PacersOct 17, 2006 - 2:04 AM INDIANAPOLIS (Ticker) -- After struggling offensively in the first half, the Minnesota Timberwolves turned to rookie Randy Foye for a spark.
Foye scored 13 points and former Most Valuable Player Kevin Garnett added 14 with 11 rebounds as the Timberwolves posted a 103-87 victory over the Indiana Pacers in a preseason contest.
The 22-year-old Foye signed a three-year contract in July after Minnesota acquired him from the Portland Trail Blazers in a three-team deal with the Boston Celtics, who selected him seventh in the draft on June 28.
A former Villanova standout, Foye had his most productive performance of the preseason to help the Timberwolves win for the second time in three contests.
Holding a 70-66 lead after three quarters, Minnesota opened the final period on a 26-13 run. Foye scored eight points, including a layup and a 19-foot jumper, Bracey Wright hit consecutive baskets and Marko Jaric added seven straight points for the Timberwolves.
Ricky Davis scored 12 points and Mike James had 10 for Minnesota, which bounced back after shooting just 28 percent (10-of-36) from the floor in the first two quarters.
Rawle Marshall, who played 23 games with the Dallas Mavericks in his rookie campaign last season, led Indiana with a preseason-high 17 points. All nine of his fourth- quarter points were free throws.
Jermaine O'Neal scored 14 points and Stephen Jackson added 11 for the Pacers, who were outrebounded, 46-37, and fell to 1-2.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Timberwolves will not retain Newton, Kander May 20
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- T-wolves will send Towns with Flip's ring for lottery luck May 16
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Weekend Sports in Brief May 16