Taylor leads fourth-quarter surge as Wizards winOct 18, 2006 - 2:50 AM CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Donell Taylor scored seven of his 11 points in the pivotal fourth quarter as the Washington Wizards pulled away for a 100-84 victory over the Charlotte Bobcats.
Gilbert Arenas scored 18 points and Antawn Jamison added 17 for the Wizards, who held the Bobcats to 14 points in the final period and beat them for the second time in as many nights.
A second-year guard, Taylor scored 12 points in Monday's win and was at it again Tuesday. He made 4-of-10 shots and added four assists while sparking the late surge.
The Wizards also received 11 points from Jarvis Hayes, who is coming off two injury-plagued seasons. Washington played without regulars Antonio Daniels, Darius Songaila, DeShawn Stevenson and Etan Thomas.
Gerald Wallace scored 17 points and Raymond Felton added 13 for the Bobcats, who shot just 35.5 percent (27-of-76) and missed 13 free throws.
Charlotte first-round pick Adam Morrison scored just four points on 2-of-11 shooting and also was hit with a technical foul in the third quarter.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Wizards All-Star guard John Wall undergoes knee surgery May 5
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 1
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 May 1
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Hornets-Heat Preview Apr 30
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 30
- Wade, Heat force Game 7 with 97-90 win over Hornets Apr 29
- Batum 'running on adrenaline' in Game 6 after birth of child Apr 29
- LeBron 'not fond' of NBA's reviews of officiating Apr 29
- Blazers, Hornets can cap comebacks, Raptors also can advance Apr 29