Johnson, Pachulia lead Hawks to comeback winOct 18, 2006 - 2:09 AM ORLANDO, Florida (Ticker) -- Joe Johnson wants to show his Atlanta Hawks teammates that his time with USA Basketball this summer was not wasted.
Johnson scored 13 of his 27 points in the fourth quarter to lead the Hawks to a 100-96 comeback preseason victory over the Orlando Magic.
Atlanta trailed by eight points entering the final period before making its run. Zaza Pachulia scored a hook shot over Dwight Howard with 4:35 remaining to tie the game at 83-83. Johnson took over, scoring the next five points.
Johnson made four shots and four free throws in the quarter and finished 8-of-15 from the field, including 3-of-7 from 3-point range. Pachulia added 19 points, nine in the final period.
First-round pick Shelden Williams had 12 points and 10 rebounds off the bench for Atlanta, which shot 48 percent (34-of-71).
Howard had 27 points, 10 rebounds and six assists for Orlando, which played without forward Grant Hill and shot 49 percent (39-of-79). The Magic lost for the first time in four preseason games.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Thursday's Sports in Brief May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Scott Skiles resigns as coach of Magic after just 1 season May 12
- BC-AP Sports Preview Digest May 12
- After fallback season, Hawks look to rise again in East May 9
- Big Three leads Cavaliers back to Eastern Conference finals May 9
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 8