Martin, Nene lead Nuggets to easy win over PistonsOct 23, 2006 - 12:13 AM AUBURN HILLS, Michigan (Ticker) -- The Denver Nuggets want Kenyon Martin and Nene to remain injury-free this season.
Martin scored 19 points and Nene had 14 and 12 rebounds as the Nuggets posted a 124-105 preseason victory over the Detroit Pistons.
Martin missed 26 regular-season games while Nene was limited to one game last season due to injuries. The big men are crucial in 2006-07 if the Nuggets want to approach elite status in the Western Conference.
Martin made 8-of-15 shots against Detroit and Nene was 4-of-7 from the field. Martin scored 10 points as Denver took a 32-23 lead after the first quarter. Eight of Nene's boards also came in the period.
The Nuggets shot 48 percent (45-of-94) as they reached their highest point total of the preseason. Earl Boykins scored 17 points and Andre Miller handed out eight assists.
Detroit was led by Jason Maxiell's 21 points, while Nazr Mohammed added 16 and 12 rebounds. The Pistons shot 47 percent (39-of-83) but were just 2-of-13 from 3-point range.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- No longer rebuilding, Pistons hope to improve in offseason Apr 28
- Emerging trend: Coaches given president's title in NBA Apr 27
- Owners of Pistons, Cavs trying to bring MLS to Detroit Apr 26
- Raptors' Dwane Casey wins PBWA's Rudy Tomjanovich Award Apr 25
- NBA: No foul on Jackson's shot to end Cavs' win over Pistons Apr 25
- No heartbreak: Cavs' sweep saves Bieber concert in Cleveland Apr 25
- Young Pistons have plenty of potential after playoff berth Apr 25
- Cavs head into second round looking sharp and healthy Apr 25
- Irving scores 31, Cavs sweep Pistons with 100-98 win Apr 25