May, Morrison lead Bobcats to first preseason winOct 25, 2006 - 2:10 AM COLUMBIA, South Carolina (Ticker) -- The Charlotte Bobcats would love to have this sort of timely production from Sean May and Adam Morrison.
May and Morrison each scored eight points in the decisive third quarter as the Bobcats defeated the Indiana Pacers, 101-89, to win for the first time in the preseason.
May scored 20 points and Morrison added 16 for the Bobcats, who are entering their third season and are built around young collegiate stars.
A 6-9 power forward, May endured an injury-plagued rookie campaign, missing 59 games and averaging 8.2 points. The Bobcats need him to stay healthy and produce off the bench the way he did against Indiana, as he made 8-of-10 shots.
The 6-8 Morrison, the third overall pick this year, is being counted on for perimeter shooting, a weakness last season. He was shooting just 32 percent from the field before making 5-of-14 shots Tuesday.
May and Morrison helped the Bobcats turn a 43-40 halftime deficit into a 68-63 lead entering the final period, when they pulled away.
Emeka Okafor added 15 points for Charlotte (1-5), which shot 50 percent (38-of-76) and overcame 23 turnovers. Melvin Ely (illness) and Matt Carroll (left knee) did not play for the Bobcats.
Danny Granger scored 16 points and Jermaine O'Neal added 15 for the Pacers, who shot 39 percent (25-of-64) and committed a staggering 31 turnovers.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5
- Indiana Pacers not renewing contract of coach Frank Vogel May 5
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future May 2
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2