Korver, Hawks edge JazzMar 11, 2014 - 4:53 AM Salt Lake City, UT (SportsNetwork.com) - Kyle Korver had 26 points and the Atlanta Hawks defeated the Utah Jazz, 112-110, on Monday night.
Korver was 8-of-12 from the field and made all four of his 3-point tries, while Paul Millsap added 23 points and eight rebounds for the Hawks, who snapped their six-game losing streak.
"It was a good win. It's good for our guys in the locker room to have that feeling," Hawks head coach Mike Budenholzer said.
Trey Burke netted 23 points and Marvin Williams supplied 18 points and six rebounds for Utah, which has dropped six of its last seven tilts.
After Burke's 3-pointer staked Utah to a 96-93 lead with 3:48 left, the Hawks used a 16-4 run to put the game away.
Korver and DeMarre Carroll nailed 3-pointers to begin the surge and Korver knocked down a jumper a bit later to give Atlanta a 101-96 cushion with 1:35 to go.
The Hawks made eight straight free throws to cap the swing and give them a 109-100 advantage with 26.6 seconds remaining.
Earlier, Atlanta led 28-22 after a quarter of play and 59-44 at the break.
Utah shot 66.7 percent (12-of-18) in the third, outscoring the Hawks 36-19 in the stanza and taking a 80-78 edge into the final frame.
"Hustle, energy, execution, and being determined to get to your spots early and being aggressive on the defensive end," Jazz head coach Tyrone Corbin said of the third quarter.
Atlanta shot 48.7 percent (38-of-78) from the floor, while Utah finished 48.8 percent (40-of-82) from the field ... Utah netted 26 points on 12 Atlanta turnovers.
Mar 10 11:28 PM
- ATLANTA: 112
End of Regulation
Mar 10 11:28 PM
- ATLANTA: 78
End of 3rd
Mar 10 10:47 PM
- ATLANTA: 59
Mar 10 10:07 PM
- ATLANTA: 28
End of 1st
Mar 10 9:35 PM
- ATLANTA: 2
1st Quarter - 12:00
Mar 10 9:14 PM
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- After fallback season, Hawks look to rise again in East May 9
- Love, James lead Cavs to another sweep, 100-99 over Hawks May 9
- Big Three leads Cavaliers back to Eastern Conference finals May 9
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 8
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 8
- Cavaliers-Hawks Preview May 7
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 7
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 7