Suns take down CelticsMar 15, 2014 - 4:05 AM Boston Celtics on Friday.
Eric Bledsoe added 17 points and 10 rebounds for the Suns, who snapped a three-game skid. Markieff Morris tallied 15 points and nine boards and P.J. Tucker donated 11 points, 10 rebounds and five steals.
"I think so this season is much better for me because it's my second year as a starter so I know what I have to do and what I have to expect from the 82 games," Dragic said.
Kris Humphries ended with 11 points and 13 boards for the Celtics, who have lost three in a row. Chris Johnson also had 11 points.
Boston's Jeff Green made two free throws with 2:02 left to make it 80-80, but the Suns scored the final seven points of the game.
Alex Len sparked the decisive spurt with a three-point play. Morris' slam and a layup by Dragic capped the flurry. The Celtics missed three shots from beyond the arc in the final 38.9 seconds.
"We didn't play with any poise. That was probably the biggest thing. They executed pretty well," Celtics coach Brad Stevens said.
Earlier, the Suns held a 38-27 lead with 8 1/2 minutes left in the second quarter.
But the Celtics responded with a 17-6 run to tie the game. Channing Frye made two free throws with 25.4 seconds left to make it 46-44 Phoenix at the half.
The Suns took a 64-60 lead into the fourth stanza.
Boston scored the first nine points of the fourth to take a 69-64 lead. Phoenix came back with six straight points to go back in front.
The Suns went 2-0 against the Celtics this season ... Boston guard Avery Bradley returned to the lineup after missing 13 games with an ankle injury ... Phoenix started a three-game road trip on Friday ... Boston shot 30.9 percent from the floor and went 3-of-21 from beyond the arc.
Mar 14 9:50 PM
- PHOENIX: 64
End of 3rd
Mar 14 9:16 PM
- PHOENIX: 46
Mar 14 8:33 PM
- PHOENIX: 29
End of 1st
Mar 14 8:03 PM
- PHOENIX: 0
1st Quarter - 11:39
Mar 14 7:46 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Celtics' Olynyk undergoes successful shoulder surgery May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Love's Return: Cavs' big man thriving in second postseason May 11
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29
- Hawks confident heading into 2nd round rematch with Cavs Apr 29
- Hawks overwhelm Celtics, move to 2nd round with 104-92 win Apr 29
- Hawks, Celtics alone on playoff stage in close out game Apr 28
- Stevens: Celtics' Thomas on track to play Game 6 vs. Hawks Apr 27
- Hawks-Celtics Preview Apr 27