Nuggets get balanced scoring in win over PistonsMar 20, 2014 - 5:53 AM
Randy Foye added 22 points for the Nuggets, Kenneth Faried had 15 and Darrell Arthur scored 13.
The Pistons lost their 11th road game in a row and fell to 3-13 in their last 16 overall. They were led by 22 points from Greg Monroe and 18 from Rodney Stuckey.
Detroit forward Josh Smith was ejected after picking up two technical fouls in the third quarter.
"We just lost a player so other guys have to step up. That's part of being professional," said Stuckey. "Things happen throughout the course of a game. It's our job as teammates to have his back."
Brooks started at point guard in place of Ty Lawson, who was out with a sinus infection.
J.J. Hickson, Evan Fournier and Timofey Mozgov all scored 11 points for Denver and Hickson led five Nuggets with at least five rebounds, pulling down 11.
"We had good balance with everyone contributing on the boards against a good, physical team," said Nuggets coach Brian Shaw.
It took almost the entire third quarter but Denver turned an 11-point deficit into a one-point lead going into the fourth.
The Nuggets pushed their lead to 13 with a 17-4 run keyed by five straight points from Foye and capped by an Arthur 3-pointer with six minutes left.
The Pistons got as close as four down the stretch but Hickson followed with a layup and Anthony Randolph finished off a three-point play to seal the win for Denver.
The Pistons led 28-27 after the first quarter and went up by as many as 11 in the second. They led 61-54 at halftime.
The Pistons were without center Andre Drummond, who suffered a neck injury in the fourth quarter of Saturday's overtime loss to Indiana ... Detroit's last road win came Jan. 18 against Washington ... The Pistons will play Phoenix on Friday ... The Nuggets' next game is at Dallas on Friday.
Mar 19 11:24 PM
- DETROIT: 84
End of 3rd
Mar 19 10:47 PM
- DETROIT: 61
Mar 19 10:05 PM
- DETROIT: 28
End of 1st
Mar 19 9:35 PM
- DETROIT: 0
1st Quarter - 11:40
Mar 19 9:12 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- No longer rebuilding, Pistons hope to improve in offseason Apr 28
- Emerging trend: Coaches given president's title in NBA Apr 27
- Owners of Pistons, Cavs trying to bring MLS to Detroit Apr 26
- Raptors' Dwane Casey wins PBWA's Rudy Tomjanovich Award Apr 25
- NBA: No foul on Jackson's shot to end Cavs' win over Pistons Apr 25
- No heartbreak: Cavs' sweep saves Bieber concert in Cleveland Apr 25
- Young Pistons have plenty of potential after playoff berth Apr 25
- Cavs head into second round looking sharp and healthy Apr 25
- Irving scores 31, Cavs sweep Pistons with 100-98 win Apr 25