Durant powers Thunder past CavsMar 21, 2014 - 4:55 AM
Serge Ibaka supplied 16 points and 11 boards, while Reggie Jackson added 13 points and six assists for the Thunder, who have won four of their last five games.
"My shot was a little flat and I missed some easy ones," said Durant. "I just tried to play as hard as I can on defense and make winning basketball plays."
Star Thunder guard Russell Westbrook did not suit up to rest his surgically- repaired knee.
Dion Waiters netted 30 points to lead Cleveland, which has dropped three in a row and seven of its last nine.
Cleveland trailed by as many as 21 in the fourth quarter before Waiters capped a 16-2 run with a layup to bring the Cavs to within 97-92 with 1:12 to go.
Jackson missed a turnaround at the other end, but Ibaka came down with the offensive rebound and Durant sank two free throws to extend the margin back to 99-92 with 37.6 ticks on the clock. Waiters then missed a layup and Durant hit two more foul shots to seal the outcome.
Earlier, the Cavaliers led 25-21 after a quarter of play and got within 45-44 with 2:38 to go until the break after Waiters knocked down a turnaround jumper, but OKC closed the half on an 11-2 run.
Durant nailed a jumper right at the first-half buzzer to give the Thunder a 56-46 spread going into the locker room. Durant hit a triple to begin the third and a Steven Adams dunk gave OKC a 61-46 lead early in the second half, its largest to that point.
"He shoots right over the top of the defense," Cleveland head coach Mike Brown said about Durant.
The Thunder took an 85-68 advantage into the fourth.
OKC shot 42.7 percent (38-of-89) from the floor and outrebounded Cleveland, 53-36 ... The Cavaliers scored 24 points off 18 Thunder turnovers ... Spencer Hawes had 20 points for Cleveland.
Mar 20 9:34 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 85
End of 3rd
Mar 20 8:53 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 56
Mar 20 8:10 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 21
End of 1st
Mar 20 7:42 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 11:39
Mar 20 7:12 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Cavaliers-Raptors Preview May 23
- Physical intensity picks up between Cavaliers and Raptors May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Cavs' Jones suspended; Raptors coach Casey fined May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Jones suspended, Casey fined by NBA for Game 3 actions May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- DeRozan, Raptors end Cavaliers' streak with 99-84 win May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21