George's triple-double lifts Pacers past BullsMar 22, 2014 - 5:41 AM Indianapolis, IN (SportsNetwork.com) - Paul George had a triple-double with 10 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists and the Indiana Pacers defeated the Chicago Bulls, 91-79, on Friday night.
Roy Hibbert supplied 12 points and 11 boards, while Lance Stephenson added 15 points for Indiana, which has won five of its last six games.
"We really got back to playing some defense," said George. "I thought we did a great job of boxing out, not allowing second chance baskets."
D.J. Augustin and Jimmy Butler netted 17 points apiece and Joakim Noah provided 12 points, 13 rebounds, six assists and four steals for the Bulls, who have dropped two of their last three.
"They're a good defensive team," said Noah. "You've got to give them credit where credit is due. For us, personally, we could do a few things better."
Indiana led 44-43 at the break but used a 17-0 run in the early stages of the third to pull away. Stephenson had nine points during the surge, which he capped with a jumper to extend the margin to 63-45.
The Pacers took a 75-62 cushion into the fourth, where Mike Dunleavy finished off a 7-2 Chicago flurry to get it within 77-69 with 9:30 to play.
The Bulls, though, never got any closer.
Back-to-back buckets by Luis Scola pushed the advantage back to 83-71 and Indiana cruised to the win from there.
Earlier, Chicago led 23-19 after a quarter of play.
The Pacers shot 43 percent (34-of-79) from the floor and 18.2 percent (2- of-11) from beyond the arc ... Indiana outrebounded Chicago, 51-36 ... The Bulls tallied 20 points off 16 Pacers turnovers.
Mar 21 9:25 PM
- CHICAGO: 62
End of 3rd
Mar 21 8:51 PM
- CHICAGO: 43
Mar 21 8:06 PM
- CHICAGO: 23
End of 1st
Mar 21 7:35 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
1st Quarter - 11:50
Mar 21 7:11 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5
- Indiana Pacers not renewing contract of coach Frank Vogel May 5
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future May 2
- Raptors reach second round for first time 15 years May 2
- DeRozan has 30 points, Raptors beat Pacers 89-84 in Game 7 May 2