Cousins, Thomas lead Kings over BucksMar 24, 2014 - 3:43 AM
Isaiah Thomas scored 30 and dished eight assists and Rudy Gay netted 24 points and had eight rebounds for the Kings, who have won two of their last three. Ben McLemore chipped in 15 points and Reggie Evans brought down 10 boards.
O.J. Mayo netted 21 off the bench and Ersan Ilyasova was the lone starter in double figures with 14 points for the Bucks, who have dropped seven straight overall and 18 of their last 19 on the road. Jeff Adrien and Ramon Sessions added 13 points apiece coming off the bench.
Sacramento jumped out to a 10-point lead, 21-11, seven minutes into the contest with the help of eight points from Cousins. After Khris Middleton made a jumper, the Kings went on an 18-3 tear to close out the first quarter.
"First quarter we didn't put up enough of a fight. I think we gave up 39 points in that first quarter and that's very uncharacteristic of us," said Milwaukee head coach Larry Drew.
The Bucks, who trailed by 23, 39-16, to start the second, got as close as 17 with 4 1/2 minutes left in the first half. Sacramento, however, rattled off the next 10 points to push its lead up to 27 points. The Kings took a 70-44 lead into the break.
"We came out, I'd say we hit them in the mouth early and kind of put the game away. Even with that being said that second half, it was terrible," said Cousins.
Milwaukee came as close as 20 in the third, but the Kings' lead ballooned to as many as 40 before taking a 104-70 margin into the fourth.
The Bucks outscored Sacramento by a 37-20 margin in the fourth to make the score appear closer than it was.
The Kings went 29-for-36 from the charity stripe, while the Bucks shot 19- for-30 from the foul line ... Milwaukee faces the Clippers on Monday ... The Kings host the Knicks on Wednesday ... The Bucks got 63 points from their bench.
Mar 23 8:33 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 107
End of Regulation
Mar 23 8:31 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 70
End of 3rd
Mar 23 8:02 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 44
Mar 23 7:19 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 16
End of 1st
Mar 23 6:42 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:39
Mar 23 6:11 PM
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28
- Blazers' McCollum wins NBA's Most Improved Player Apr 22
- Tuesday's Sports in Brief Apr 20
- AP Sources: Kings to interview Del Negro, Jackson, Mitchell Apr 20
- Kings fire coach George Karl after 1 full season Apr 14
- Bucks step back on court, but future secure with new arena Apr 14
- 76ers counting on free agents, draft picks for better future Apr 14