Drummond leads Pistons to rare road winMar 25, 2014 - 4:22 AM Utah Jazz.
The Pistons last won on the road on Jan. 18 and had came up empty in 10 straight visits to Salt Lake City before Monday's wire-to-wire drubbing.
Rodney Stuckey also scored 19 points for Detroit, while Greg Monroe chipped in with 18 points and 11 rebounds and Brandon Jennings netted 15 with eight assists in the rout.
"(Winning in Utah) is very rare. I think we played as a team tonight. We were helping each other offensively and defensively. We just played well as a team," Stuckey said.
The Jazz fell for the seventh time in their last eight games despite Gordon Hayward's 32-point performance.
The Pistons inched out to a 26-23 lead over the opening 12 minutes and stepped on the gas when they doubled-up the Jazz in the second by a 34-17 margin.
Drummond took over in the middle stages, scoring inside on four of five possessions -- three coming off alley-oops -- on a personal 8-2 run that stretched Detroit's lead out to 44-33.
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope's 3-pointer in the closing seconds sent the Pistons into halftime with a healthy 60-40 cushion as the Pistons wound up connecting on 65 percent (13-of-20) of their shots in the frame.
"It's difficult when you let teams get going," said Jazz head coach Tyrone Corbin. "They feel good about all the shots they got."
Monroe's jumper 4 1/2 minutes into the third made it a 25-point game, 71-46, and even though the Jazz scored 13 of the next 14 points, they were still in an 86-69 hole entering the fourth.
The closest the hosts got in the final stanza was 12, 88-76, and Detroit ripped off an 11-3 run to build back its 20-point lead and cruise to the finish line.
Utah had been 21-1 at home against the Pistons since the 1989-90 campaign ... Detroit had lost five in a row overall and 12 of its previous 14 entering the game ... Caldwell-Pope (13 points) and Josh Smith (12) rounded out Detroit's double-digit scorers ... The Pistons held a 53-33 rebounding advantage.
Mar 24 11:12 PM
- DETROIT: 86
End of 3rd
Mar 24 10:41 PM
- DETROIT: 60
Mar 24 10:00 PM
- DETROIT: 26
End of 1st
Mar 24 9:31 PM
- DETROIT: 0
1st Quarter - 11:41
Mar 24 9:11 PM
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- No longer rebuilding, Pistons hope to improve in offseason Apr 28
- Emerging trend: Coaches given president's title in NBA Apr 27
- Owners of Pistons, Cavs trying to bring MLS to Detroit Apr 26
- Raptors' Dwane Casey wins PBWA's Rudy Tomjanovich Award Apr 25
- NBA: No foul on Jackson's shot to end Cavs' win over Pistons Apr 25
- No heartbreak: Cavs' sweep saves Bieber concert in Cleveland Apr 25
- Young Pistons have plenty of potential after playoff berth Apr 25
- Cavs head into second round looking sharp and healthy Apr 25