Williams, Blazers beat BullsMar 29, 2014 - 5:49 AM Chicago Bulls at United Center.
Damian Lillard added 16 points while Robin Lopez and Nicolas Batum scored 13 apiece to help Portland win its second straight to complete a five-game Eastern Conference road trip with a 2-3 mark.
"We all know where things are in the standings and with the playoffs. Every game is critical. We let a couple get away on this trip, but I didn't need to say anything to them. Everyone knows where we are and what we need to do," said Blazers coach Terry Stotts.
LaMarcus Aldridge, playing in his second game since returning from a back injury, had a season-low five points on 2-of-10 shooting but grabbed a game-high 13 rebounds with four steals. Aldridge missed the previous seven games.
Three Bulls had double-doubles, with Carlos Boozer's 16 points and 12 rebounds leading the way. Taj Gibson posted 13 points and 10 rebounds and Joakim Noah finished with 11 points and 10 boards.
"One game is not the end all, either way," said Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau.
Despite the loss, the Bulls clinched a playoff spot Friday night.
Portland has won the last six meetings in this series.
After a back-and-forth opening period, Dorell Wright hit a 3-pointer to spark a 10-3 run midway through the second. Williams followed with a floater, a pull-up jumper and three free throws to push the spread to 37-27.
Lillard hit a deep 3-ball before the halftime buzzer for a 47-36 margin at the break.
Jimmy Butler had five points in the first five minutes of the second half for Chicago, but the rest of the Bulls went scoreless over that stretch as Portland broke the game open. Aldridge's layup at 7:56 gave the visitors their largest lead at 62-38.
The Blazers rolled the rest of the way.
Chicago shot just 33-for-84 (39.3 percent) from the floor and 3-of-17 from 3- point range ... D.J. Augustin had 15 points and seven assists for the Bulls ... Lopez had five blocked shots.
Mar 28 10:05 PM
- PORTLAND: 73
End of 3rd
Mar 28 9:37 PM
- PORTLAND: 47
Mar 28 8:59 PM
- PORTLAND: 19
End of 1st
Mar 28 8:32 PM
- PORTLAND: 0
1st Quarter - 11:41
Mar 28 8:13 PM
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19
- Blazers coach Terry Stotts agrees to 3-year extension May 16
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- Damian Lillard and Trail Blazers look to bright future May 12
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- MVP Curry and his Warriors teammates move closer to goal May 12
- Splash Brothers Curry, Thompson send Warriors to West finals May 12
- Trail Blazers-Warriors Preview May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 10
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 10