Augustin, Bulls down CelticsMar 31, 2014 - 4:19 AM Chicago Bulls held off the Boston Celtics, 107-102, on Sunday night.
"I have always thought of myself as a pretty good basketball player. I think everyone on this level is pretty good or they wouldn't be in the NBA," Augustin said.
Augustin finished 10-of-14 from the floor and sunk all 10 of his foul shots, while Joakim Noah tallied 13 points, 13 assists and eight rebounds for the Bulls, who have won three of their last four games.
Jimmy Butler netted 15 points and Carlos Boozer added 14 points and six boards in the victory.
Rajon Rondo supplied 17 points and 11 assists and Jared Sullinger provided 16 points and 10 rebounds for Boston, which has dropped four in a row and nine of its last 10.
"We're just not closing the games the right way," Rondo said.
Taj Gibson's dunk with 3:43 left staked Chicago to a 95-90 advantage, but Jeff Green knocked down a pair of triples as part of a 6-1 Celtics spurt to tie the game at 96-96 with 2:13 on the clock.
Augustin then put in the next seven points for the Bulls to seal the outcome.
He nailed a pull-up left wing 3-pointer to put Chicago back in front before hitting four straight free throws following back-to-back Boston turnovers for a 103-96 margin with 30.4 ticks remaining.
Earlier, the Celtics held a 26-25 lead after a quarter of play, but Chicago outscored them 26-24 in the second and headed into the break with a 51-50 edge.
The Bulls took a 78-77 spread into the fourth.
Chicago shot 52.9 percent (37-of-70) from the floor and 50 percent (8-of-16) from beyond the arc ... Boston registered 20 points off 16 Bulls turnovers ... There were 19 ties and 16 lead changes.
Mar 30 9:22 PM
- CHICAGO: 78
End of 3rd
Mar 30 8:46 PM
- CHICAGO: 51
Mar 30 8:01 PM
- CHICAGO: 25
End of 1st
Mar 30 7:33 PM
- CHICAGO: 2
1st Quarter - 11:43
Mar 30 7:10 PM
- Celtics' Olynyk undergoes successful shoulder surgery May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Love's Return: Cavs' big man thriving in second postseason May 11
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29
- Hawks confident heading into 2nd round rematch with Cavs Apr 29
- Hawks overwhelm Celtics, move to 2nd round with 104-92 win Apr 29
- Hawks, Celtics alone on playoff stage in close out game Apr 28
- Stevens: Celtics' Thomas on track to play Game 6 vs. Hawks Apr 27
- Hawks-Celtics Preview Apr 27
- With big turnaround, Hawks beat Celtics 110-83 for 3-2 lead Apr 27
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 26