Bulls keep pace with win over MagicApr 15, 2014 - 7:27 AM
Joakim Noah tallied 18 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists and Jimmer Fredette added 17 points for the Bulls, who have won 10 of 12. Carlos Boozer and Tony Snell had 13 points apiece, with Boozer adding 12 boards and five assists.
"We just want to be playing our best basketball, which I think we're playing pretty well. We want to go (into the playoffs) with a good momentum," Boozer said.
Jimmy Butler contributed 12 points for Chicago, which is tied with the Toronto Raptors for the No. 3 seed in the Eastern Conference playoff race with one game left for each team.
Kyle O'Quinn totaled 20 points and seven rebounds and Andrew Nicholson scored 19 points for the Magic, who have lost three straight and six of eight. Arron Afflalo and Victor Oladipo scored 13 and 10 points, respectively, in the loss.
The Magic trailed 57-44 to start the third but pulled back to within three following a 10-3 burst midway through the period. Chicago, however, answered by closing out the period with a 14-6 run to carry an 11-point lead into the fourth.
The Bulls stretched their lead to 17, 94-77, with 7 1/2 left to play, and Orlando never got within 12 the rest of the way.
The Bulls led 26-21 after the first and a 13-4 run early in the second pushed the spread to 41-30.
Orlando is 1-19 when its opponent shoots 50 percent or better ... The Magic fell to 0-38 when being outrebounded by their opponent this season ... The Bulls have won the series against Orlando for the fourth straight season ... Chicago is 41-4 when leading entering the fourth quarter.
Apr 14 10:22 PM
- ORLANDO: 70
End of 3rd
Apr 14 9:52 PM
- ORLANDO: 44
Apr 14 9:08 PM
- ORLANDO: 21
End of 1st
Apr 14 8:35 PM
- ORLANDO: 0
1st Quarter - 11:42
Apr 14 8:11 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Thursday's Sports in Brief May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Scott Skiles resigns as coach of Magic after just 1 season May 12
- BC-AP Sports Preview Digest May 12
- Timberwolves hire Thibodeau as coach/president, Layden is GM Apr 20
- APNewsBreak: Timberwolves talking with Mark Jackson Apr 19
- Steve Kerr enjoying the ride watching Warriors make history Apr 14
- Magic walk away from season disappointed, yet encouraged Apr 14
- Changes could be in store for Bulls after rough season Apr 14