Spurs run win streak to 10Mar 17, 2014 - 3:01 AM Utah Jazz on Sunday.
Tony Parker went for 18 points and seven assists, while Tim Duncan donated 16 points, six rebounds and six assists in the rout. Tiago Splitter had 14 points and 10 rebounds and Patty Mills and Marco Belinelli each needed just seven shots for 12 points in reserve roles.
"Patty Mills just keeps on giving it to us," praised San Antonio head coach Gregg Popovich. "Marco Belinelli comes off the bench with a lot of energy and basketball savvy."
The Spurs, winners in 10 straight, will embark on a three-game road trip starting in Los Angeles on Wednesday.
Derrick Favors poured in a career-high 28 points for Utah, while he and Enes Kanter contributed 10 and 11 rebounds, respectively, as the Jazz fell for the fourth straight time. Gordon Hayward had 17 points, six boards and six helpers in the setback.
"I thought our guys competed hard, and that's the thing I'm impressed with," said Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin. "Give them credit, they shot the ball extremely well."
The Spurs shot better than 50 percent in all four periods, outscoring the Jazz in every stanza.
Utah kept it close early on and led 21-19 after Favors' turn-around late in the first quarter. Belinelli knotted it up with his reverse layup and Ginobili gave the Spurs a 26-23 lead with his layup at the end of the frame.
Favors tied it back up at 38-38 with a short jumper midway through the second, but the Spurs controlled the later portion of the quarter. Again it was Ginobili providing the offense, hitting a pair of free throws with 37 seconds left and a pull-up triple just before the halftime buzzer.
San Antonio led 61-53 halftime and pushed the spread to 91-76 after three.
The margin did not dip back under double digits the rest of the way.
San Antonio shot a season-high 62.8 percent (49-of-78) from the floor and 10- of-16 from distance ... Trey Burke and Alec Burks netted 13 and 12 points, respectively, for the Jazz ... Kawhi Leonard had 11 for the Spurs.
Mar 16 9:14 PM
- UTAH: 76
SAN ANTONIO: 91
End of 3rd
Mar 16 8:43 PM
- UTAH: 53
SAN ANTONIO: 61
Mar 16 8:05 PM
- UTAH: 23
SAN ANTONIO: 26
End of 1st
Mar 16 7:34 PM
- UTAH: 0
SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 11:40
Mar 16 7:13 PM
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Durant, Thunder beat Spurs and return to conference finals May 13
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Thunder beat Spurs, advance to Western Conference finals May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 12