Jones, Rockets rout JazzMar 18, 2014 - 3:48 AM Utah Jazz, 124-86, on Monday from Toyota Center.
Patrick Beverley had 19 points and Jeremy Lin contributed 17 with nine assists off the bench for the Rockets, who were without All-Star center Dwight Howard. Howard missed the contest with a mild left ankle sprain and is considered day- to-day.
Omer Asik started in Howard's place and took advantage of extended playing time, pouring in a season-high 12 points and 11 rebounds. James Harden and Jordan Hamilton added 15 points apiece as the Rockets won their ninth straight home tilt.
"With Dwight out, it's time for (Asik) to step up and he gets a double- double," Harden said of Asik. "It's great to have that combination of bigs. We have a great backup center."
Alec Burks and Derrick Favors both netted 15 points in Utah's fifth straight loss. All 13 Jazz players that dressed scored at least two points.
"We just couldn't get it going," Utah head coach Tyrone Corbin admitted. "It was like we were running in mud and couldn't get ourselves out of it."
The Rockets returned home following an 0-3 road trip and immediately regained their form on the home floor, jumping out to a 40-27 advantage after Beverley's 3-pointer early in the second quarter.
The lead grew to 54-33 on Chandler Parsons' reverse layup at 1:56, and Jones' alley-oop put the finishing touches on a dominant first half with another alley-oop with 14 seconds remaining.
Houston led comfortably the rest of the way, with the margin reaching 41 points late on an Isaiah Canaan triple before Rudy Gobert's layup late resulted in the final spread.
Houston shot 46-of-79 (58.2 percent) from the floor and 13-of-25 from 3-point range ... Rockets forward Donatas Motiejunas had 11 rebounds ... Both teams turned it over 19 times ... The Rockets took the season series, 2-1.
Mar 17 10:24 PM
- UTAH: 69
End of 3rd
Mar 17 9:53 PM
- UTAH: 41
Mar 17 9:09 PM
- UTAH: 20
End of 1st
Mar 17 8:36 PM
- UTAH: 2
1st Quarter - 11:38
Mar 17 8:12 PM
- NBA China to open basketball-themed Playzone in Shanghai May 17
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Rockets must find coach in wake of first-round ouster Apr 29
- Warriors reach second round with MVP Stephen Curry sidelined Apr 28
- Warriors roll into second round of playoffs without Curry Apr 28
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 27
- Rockets-Warriors Preview Apr 26
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 26
- Warriors-Rockets Game 4: most 1st-round viewers since '02 Apr 26
- Stephen Curry out at least 2 weeks with sprained right knee Apr 25