Spurs continue to roll with win over LakersMar 20, 2014 - 5:38 AM Los Angeles Lakers, 125-109, on Wednesday.
The Spurs put the Lakers away in the fourth quarter en route to their 11th straight win, as Leonard finished with 22 points and 10 rebounds and Duncan added 12 and 16 in the victory.
Danny Green and Manu Ginobili each made three of San Antonio's 12 3-pointers and totaled 16 and 13 points, respectively.
"We're moving the ball and shooting at a high percentage. We're getting open looks," Green said. "We're making strides towards playing our best basketball."
Xavier Henry scored most of his 24 points in the first half, Pau Gasol chipped in with 22 points and 10 rebounds and the Lakers fell for the sixth time in their last seven games.
Los Angeles suffered a 34-point loss to the Spurs last Friday, and while Wednesday's final score appeared to be lopsided, the Lakers stayed close through three quarters in front of the home fans.
"Other than the last six minutes we played well. We don't have enough to compete for 48 minutes against a team like this," Lakers head coach Mike D'Antoni said.
The Spurs led by 11 in the first quarter, but Henry sparked LA's turnaround, first hitting a layup that cut the Lakers' deficit to 35-29 at the end of one, then scoring the first four points during an 8-0 run that gave them a 42-40 lead early in the second.
Even though Henry had 19 points by the break, the Lakers still trailed 58-57 at halftime and went into the fourth down by five, 92-87.
It was still a five-point game before San Antonio's 11-5 run stretched the difference back to double digits, 108-97, on Duncan's mid-range jumper at the midway point.
Marco Belinelli answered a Kent Bazemore 3-pointer with one of his own, and the Spurs cruised over the final five minutes.
The Kings will get the next shot of stopping the Spurs' winning streak on Friday ... The Spurs have won all three meetings against the Lakers this season and seven of the last nine overall ... San Antonio has not lost since Feb. 21 in Phoenix.
Mar 20 1:01 AM
- SAN ANTONIO: 92
LOS ANGELES: 87
End of 3rd
Mar 20 12:25 AM
- SAN ANTONIO: 58
LOS ANGELES: 57
Mar 19 11:42 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 35
LOS ANGELES: 29
End of 1st
Mar 19 11:08 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 2
LOS ANGELES: 0
1st Quarter - 11:50
Mar 19 10:48 PM
- NBA's 6-city tour lets US catch up in 3-on-3 basketball May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Entering Hollywood, Kobe Bryant gets advice from Spielberg May 20
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Jim McMillian, forward on '72 Lakers title team, dead at 68 May 16
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Durant, Thunder beat Spurs and return to conference finals May 13
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13