Warriors use late run to down GrizzliesMar 29, 2014 - 6:29 AM
The Warriors trailed 93-86 with 4:00 remaining, but closed the game on a 14-0 run.
With 1:21 to go, Curry shook Grizzlies guard Mike Conley with a crossover before nailing a stepback 3-pointer to give the Warriors a 96-93 lead. After Conley missed a 3 at the other end, Curry knocked down a scooping layup from high off the glass to make it a five-point game.
Klay Thompson sealed the win with a pair of free throws with five seconds remaining.
Thompson finished with 14 points and Marreese Speights scored 15 for the Warriors, winners in four of their last five games.
Golden State (45-27) currently sits in sixth place in the Western Conference standings.
"Understanding that Memphis is right behind us and these are home games that we've got to have to close out the season," Curry said. "All that and especially how the game went, like you said, with four minutes left, down seven, to close it out like we did. Huge win-- sets us up for good momentum going into Sunday and we've just got to come back and be as focused as ever."
The Warriors were without David Lee, who sat out with a right hamstring strain.
Zach Randolph scored 21 points and Conley finished with 20 for the Grizzlies, who had a three-game winning-streak snapped.
"It's really disappointing, to be up (seven) with two or three minutes left in the game and not be able to execute not be able to get stops is real frustrating," said Randolph.
Memphis fell into eighth place in the West and lead Dallas by just one half game for the final playoff spot.
Golden State led 30-27 after 12 minutes and took a 53-52 lead into the break.
Memphis went up 66-58 following a Randolph hook shot with 7:54 left in the third, but a 12-4 Warriors run tied the game. The teams traded baskets until Curry's three-point play put Golden State ahead 77-74 and the Warriors took a 79-76 lead into the final frame.
Draymond Green and Jermaine O'Neal finished with 12 and 10 points, respectively, for the Warriors ... Memphis outscored the Warriors 52-36 in the paint.
Mar 29 12:46 AM
- MEMPHIS: 93
GOLDEN STATE: 100
End of Regulation
Mar 29 12:46 AM
- MEMPHIS: 76
GOLDEN STATE: 79
End of 3rd
Mar 29 12:14 AM
- MEMPHIS: 52
GOLDEN STATE: 53
Mar 28 11:33 PM
- MEMPHIS: 27
GOLDEN STATE: 30
End of 1st
Mar 28 11:04 PM
- MEMPHIS: 0
GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:40
Mar 28 10:41 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Zhou Qi's potential could lead to much NBA draft intrigue May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20