Nuggets rout PelicansApr 3, 2014 - 5:32 AM
Aaron Brooks added 24 points off the bench and Ty Lawson finished with 14 points and 12 assists for the Nuggets, who snapped a four-game losing skid.
"Well it's finally nice to be on this side of the game like that for a change. I thought we did a pretty good job all the way around in terms of our pace [and] sharing the ball. I just thought all around our guys looked like a cohesive unit tonight," Nuggets coach Brian Shaw said.
Tyreke Evans had 27 points and eight rebounds and Anthony Morrow finished with 17 points off the bench for the Pelicans, losers in three straight.
"We didn't play well to start the game. They shot the ball really well. Like I told our guys, in the month of March we set a high bar for how we can play regardless of who is on the floor," said Pelicans coach Monty Williams. "That is what we expect and they all agreed. We didn't play well tonight
New Orleans forward Anthony Davis left in the first half with back spasms. He scored six points and pulled down three boards in 10 1/2 minutes before exiting.
Denver was 15-of-25 in the first quarter as the hosts raced out to a 40-26 lead. Davis cut the deficit to 11-10 with 7:13 left in the first, but a 15-6 run from the Nuggets pushed the spread to double digits at 26-16.
Darius Miller made it a two-possession game with a deep 2-pointer, but the Nuggets outscored the Pelicans 11-5 the rest of the way.
Denver pushed its spread to 19 late in the second and took a commanding 71-53 lead into the break.
The Nuggets led 105-81 following the third and never saw their lead dip below 26 the rest of the way.
Denver outscored New Orleans 64-46 in the paint ... The Nuggets scored 21 points off 17 New Orleans tunrovers ... Timofey Mozgov scored 15 points and Evan Fournier chipped in with 12 points off the bench for the Nuggets ... Austin Rivers scored 13 points for the Pelicans.
Apr 2 11:27 PM
- NEW ORLEANS: 81
End of 3rd
Apr 2 10:57 PM
- NEW ORLEANS: 53
Apr 2 10:14 PM
- NEW ORLEANS: 26
End of 1st
Apr 2 9:43 PM
- NEW ORLEANS: 0
1st Quarter - 11:43
Apr 2 9:12 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future May 2
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Batum 'running on adrenaline' in Game 6 after birth of child Apr 29
- Blazers, Hornets can cap comebacks, Raptors also can advance Apr 29
- Blazers, Hornets can cap comebacks, Raptors also can advance Apr 28
- Hornets C Spencer Hawes out for remainder of series vs Heat Apr 28
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 28
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 27