Thompson, Curry carry Warriors in rout of JazzApr 7, 2014 - 4:30 AM
Draymond Green and Andre Iguodala each registered 11 points for the Warriors, who swept the season series from the Jazz for the first time since 1974-75 when the franchise made its debut in New Orleans.
Golden State remains in sixth place in the Western Conference, 1 1/2 games behind the Portland Trail Blazers.
"We talked about finishing the season the right way," said Warriors coach Mark Jackson. "These guys deserve a lot of credit for how focused they are. The way they came out tonight and collectively do the job was awesome."
Alec Burks and Trey Burke each tallied 24 points in the loss, with Burke distributing a career-high 15 assists. Utah has lost six of its last seven and 12-of-13 on the road.
"Curry and Thompson got hot early. They got open looks," Jazz head coach Tyrone Corbin said.
The Jazz trailed by five, 23-18, after Burke split a pair of free throws at the four-minute mark of the first quarter. Thompson then buried consecutive 3- pointers before Curry converted a three-point play to give the Warriors a 32-18 lead. Golden State led 35-22 after the first.
The Warriors stretched their lead to 18 after five quick points to begin the second, then Utah responded with 13 straight to cut the deficit to 40-35.
Thompson netted eight straight for the hosts to help push the lead back to double digits just before the midway point of the period and the Warriors brought a 66-52 lead into halftime.
Out of the break, Iguodala tallied nine straight for the Warriors in between buckets from Richard Jefferson and Derrick Favors and Golden State built a 29- point spread.
Curry, Thompson and the rest of the Golden State starters rested in the fourth as the bench closed out the lopsided win.
The 130 points is a season high for the Warriors ... Golden State also made a season-high 17 3-pointers ... The Warriors were 9-for-9 from the free throw line ... Favors and Gordon Hayward each posted 10 points in the setback.
Apr 6 11:16 PM
- UTAH: 73
GOLDEN STATE: 101
End of 3rd
Apr 6 10:51 PM
- UTAH: 52
GOLDEN STATE: 66
Apr 6 10:08 PM
- UTAH: 22
GOLDEN STATE: 35
End of 1st
Apr 6 9:39 PM
- UTAH: 2
GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:45
Apr 6 9:15 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19