Wright's 3-pointer sends Blazers past KingsApr 10, 2014 - 5:56 AM Portland, OR (SportsNetwork.com) - Dorell Wright nailed a go-ahead 3-pointer with 7.6 seconds remaining and the Portland Trail Blazers edged the Sacramento Kings, 100-99, on Wednesday night.
After DeMarcus Cousins capped an 10-4 run with a right elbow jumper to give Sacramento its first lead, 97-95, with 1:31 left, Robin Lopez drew a loose ball foul and sunk two free throws to tie it with 42.3 ticks to play.
Ray McCallum stripped the ball away from Damian Lillard on Portland's next trip down the floor and Cousins was fouled in transition. He hit two free throws with 14.8 seconds remaining to give Sacramento a 99-97 advantage.
Lillard then drove the right wing and found a wide open Wright in the left corner and he swished the triple to give the Blazers the lead.
It was his only basket of the game.
"It was an exciting way to win a game," Blazers head coach Terry Stotts said. "Dorell picked a good time to make his shot."
McCallum missed a step-back jumper from the top of the key at the horn.
"We didn't get a great shot, didn't get great execution on that last play, but a great opportunity for Ray to make a play," Kings head coach Michael Malone said.
LaMarcus Aldridge had 22 points and eight rebounds, while Lillard added 19 points and 10 assists for Portland, which has won six of its last seven games.
The Blazers are 1 1/2 games behind the Houston Rockets for the fourth seed in the Western Conference and two ahead of the Golden State Warriors.
Cousins tallied 30 points and 12 boards and McCallum supplied 23 points and eight helpers for the Kings, who have dropped four in a row.
The Blazers led 27-20 after a quarter of play, 56-46 at the break and 79-71 going into the fourth.
Portland led by as many as 15 ... Sacramento netted 23 points off 18 Blazers turnovers ... The Blazers shot 50.7 percent (38-of-75) from the floor and 30.4 percent (7-of-23) from the perimeter.
Apr 10 12:28 AM
- SACRAMENTO: 71
End of 3rd
Apr 9 11:51 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 46
Apr 9 11:12 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 20
End of 1st
Apr 9 10:35 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 0
1st Quarter - 11:43
Apr 9 10:12 PM
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Blazers coach Terry Stotts agrees to 3-year extension May 16
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- Damian Lillard and Trail Blazers look to bright future May 12
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- MVP Curry and his Warriors teammates move closer to goal May 12
- Splash Brothers Curry, Thompson send Warriors to West finals May 12
- Trail Blazers-Warriors Preview May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 10