Young scores 41 as Lakers down JazzApr 15, 2014 - 4:45 AM
"My teammates were finding me. I just got hot," Young said.
Jodie Meeks and Jordan Hill added 23 and 21 points, respectively, for the Lakers, who snapped a seven-game skid. Wesley Johnson and Robert Sacre each had 12 points.
Alec Burks and Gordon Hayward ended with 22 and 21 points, respectively, for the Jazz, who have dropped five straight. Enes Kanter tallied 19 points and 12 boards.
The Lakers took control with a 23-3 run to start the fourth quarter. Young tallied 14 points during the surge, which Meeks capped with a layup for a 109-89 lead.
Los Angeles outscored Utah by a 33-18 margin over the final 12 minutes.
"(The Lakers) got hot as a team. They got out in transition and we really didn't get stops like we needed to. That's the bottom line," said Jazz guard Trey Burke.
Earlier, the Jazz led by as many as nine in the first stanza and took a 30-23 edge into the second.
Trailing 49-38 with 3:40 left in the second, the Lakers closed out the period on a 19-2 run. Meeks tallied nine points during the burst to make it 57-51 Los Angeles at the half.
The Jazz outscored the Lakers by a 35-29 margin in the third, making it an 86-86 contest.
The Jazz and Lakers split four games this season ... Utah ends the regular season on Wednesday at Minnesota, while Los Angeles plays at San Antonio on Wednesday.
Apr 14 11:14 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 86
End of 3rd
Apr 14 10:44 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 57
Apr 14 10:04 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 23
End of 1st
Apr 14 9:38 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 0
1st Quarter - 11:43
Apr 14 9:12 PM
- NBA's 6-city tour lets US catch up in 3-on-3 basketball May 21
- Entering Hollywood, Kobe Bryant gets advice from Spielberg May 20
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Jim McMillian, forward on '72 Lakers title team, dead at 68 May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- LeBron says Curry deserves MVP, debates meaning of award May 11
- Stephen Curry is first unanimous NBA MVP, takes honor again May 10
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6