Anderson helps Richmond rally, beat Lehigh 65-53Nov 14, 2009 - 2:56 AM RICHMOND, Va.(AP) -- Kevin Anderson scored 14 of his 16 points in the second half Friday to lead Richmond to a 65-53 win over Lehigh in the season opener for both teams.
The Spiders began their winning rally with 12:59 left and Lehigh leading 41-37. Richmond scored the next 10 points. The Mountain Lions cut the lead to 49-46 with 5:55 left but could get no closer. Anderson scored 7 of the next 9 points to help the Spiders move to a 58-49 lead with 3:24 remaining.
The Mountain Hawks jumped to a quick 15-6 lead in the first 7:51, hitting 3 of 4 3-pointers. The Spiders missed 12 of their first 14 shots.
But Richmond's defense stiffened and the game was tied 25-25 at halftime.
Justin Harper scored 14, Dan Geriot, who missed last season with a knee injury, added 11, and David Gonzalvez also had 11 for the Spiders.
Marquis Hall led Lehigh with 14 points.
- Richmond reserve Wood to miss 2nd game with concussion Mar 10
- Passing fancy: Nancy Lieberman's son also an adept passer Feb 23
- Robert Morris holds off Lehigh in 69-67 win Dec 17
- Lehigh has no trouble with Rochester College, wins 84-50 Dec 5
- Richmond nips No. 22 VCU in double OT Feb 26
- Bragging rights on line in clash between Rams and Spiders Feb 25
- Richmond upsets VCU in Capital City Classic Jan 31
- Rams butt heads with cross-town rival Spiders Jan 31
- No. 22 Dayton edges Richmond Jan 24
- 22nd-ranked Flyers set sights on Spiders Jan 24
- Ennis and Villanova down Lehigh Nov 15
- Lehigh faces tall task in opener against No. 12 Villanova Nov 14