Oregon downs Winston-Salem State 94-43Nov 14, 2009 - 5:14 AM EUGENE, Ore.(AP) -- Teondre Williams scored a career-high 19 points and Oregon defeated Winston-Salem State 94-43 in the BTI Tip-Off Tournament on Friday night.
Williams, a 6-foot-4 guard who played sparingly as a freshman last season, scored 17 of his points in the first half on 7-of-10 shooting.
Shelton Carter led Winston-Salem State (0-1) with 14 points.
Garrett Sim also scored 13 for the Ducks (1-0), who trailed 7-3 five minutes into the game before ending the half on a 53-8 run to lead 56-15 at the break. Williams and freshman guard Jamil Wilson got things started for Oregon, combining on the first 13 of what became 27 straight points to give the Ducks a 30-7 advantage before the Rams scored again.
Wilson, a 6-7 guard and Oregon's top recruit this offseason, had a pair of 3-pointers during that run, and Williams added a 3-pointer as well.
- Altman on Coach K: 'I had no problem with what he did' Apr 1
- Coach K apologizes to Altman for postgame chat with Brooks Mar 26
- Altman backs Brooks after late-game drama with Coach K Mar 26
- Oklahoma's Kruger, Oregon's Altman test bond in Elite Eight Mar 25
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Oregon's rise on national stage highlighted by top seed Mar 15
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- Oregon breaks into top 10, highest ranking since '07 Feb 29
- Former Oregon player accused of rape sues university Oct 30
- Oregon Preview-Capsule Oct 28