Colorado State tops UC Davis 91-73 in openerNov 14, 2009 - 2:44 AM EUGENE, Ore.(AP) -- Andy Ogide had 24 points and Colorado State opened its season Friday with a 91-73 win against UC Davis in the BTI Tip-Off Tournament.
Reserve forward Andre McFarland recorded career highs with 20 points and six 3-pointers - all in the first half.
Mark Payne scored 19 to lead the Aggies (1-1), and Joe Harden and Dominic Calegari each scored 14.
The Rams trailed 24-18 early but went on a 19-4 run to take a 37-28 lead with 3:13 to play in the first half. The Rams hit five 3-pointers during that stretch - three by Dorian Green and two by McFarland.
Colorado State went into halftime up 48-42 and led the entire second half, ending on a 17-6 run after UC Davis cut its deficit to seven, 74-67, with just under six minutes to play.
- NCAA BB
COLORADO ST 91
UC DAVIS 73 FINAL
Nov 13 9:34 PM
- UC Davis hires Stanford's Kevin Blue as athletic director May 16
- Colorado St. extends Eustachy, contract runs through 2019 Dec 8
- New Mexico knocks off unbeaten CSU Jan 4
- Rams and Lobos mix it up in Mountain West melee Jan 3
- Gillon powers No. 24 Colorado State past Boise State Dec 31
- Broncos and Rams square off in Mountain West opener Dec 31
- Colorado State holds off upset-minded New Mexico State Dec 27
- Aggies entertain undefeated Rams Dec 27
- Colorado State cruises past Charleston Southern Dec 23
- CSU extends men's basketball coach Eustachy Nov 21
- Behanan to skip senior season, enter draft Apr 28
- Aztecs keep rolling, down Colorado State Feb 1