Saint Mary's tops New Mexico State 100-68Nov 14, 2009 - 6:39 AM MORAGA, Calif.(AP) -- Ben Allen had career highs of 17 points, 10 rebounds and nine assists, freshman Matthew Dellavedova added 19 points and Saint Mary's beat New Mexico State 100-68 in the season opener for both teams Friday night.
Wayne Hunter scored 19 points and Omar Samhan added 12 points and five rebounds for the Gaels, who were playing their first game without Patty Mills, the stellar point guard from Australia who left for the NBA following his sophomore season last year.
Hamidu Rahman had a career-high 22 points and eight rebounds for New Mexico State, which shot just 37 percent in the first half and trailed by as much as 31.
- New Mexico State's Weir adds Henson as an Aggie adviser May 11
- New Mexico State, Wichita State to play makeup game Feb. 15 Jan 18
- New Mexico State pulls in OT, beats Robert Morris 81-71 Nov 25
- Kansas gives Big 12 a lift with rout of New Mexico State Mar 20
- New Mexico State seeks upset of Kansas Mar 20
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- Gonzaga comes alive late to top Saint Mary's Feb 22
- Zags seek multiple milestones in WCC showdown with Gaels Feb 21
- No. 3 Gonzaga pulls away to rout St. Mary's Jan 23
- Gaels and Zags square off in pivotal WCC clash Jan 22
- Colorado State holds off upset-minded New Mexico State Dec 27