Ball State gets past Valparaiso 88-78Nov 14, 2009 - 3:29 AM MUNCIE, Ind.(AP) -- Six Ball State players scored in double figures, led by Jarrod Jones who had 19 points, and the Cardinals defeated Valparaiso 88-78 Friday in the season opener for both teams.
Malik Perry finished with 17, Jauwan Scaife had 14, Brawley Chisholm 12 and Terrence Watson and Randy Davis each added 11, marking the first time Ball State has had six players score in double figures since Feb. 7, 1998 against Bowling Green.
Brandon Wood led the Crusaders with 25 points, and Cory Johnson had 21.
Ball State led 42-38 at halftime and outshot Valparaiso 57.8-42.9 percent from the field for the game.
The Cardinals are now 40-9 all-time in home openers.
- Lottich succeeds Drew as basketball coach at Valparaiso Apr 7
- Correction: Northern Kentucky-Valparaiso story Feb 16
- Ball State hangs on to beat Valparaiso 69-66 Nov 28
- Maryland survives Valparaiso to advance Mar 20
- Terps open NCAA Tournament play against Crusaders Mar 20
- Valpo comes back to beat Green Bay in Horizon final Mar 10
- Crusaders clash with Phoenix for Horizon League crown Mar 10
- No. 19 San Diego State cruises past Ball State Dec 21
- Cardinals pay visit to 19th-ranked Aztecs Dec 20
- No. 25 Utah takes care of Ball State Nov 15
- No. 25 Utah opens season against Ball State Nov 14
- Bryce Drew, Valpo agree on new 10-year deal Dec 18