Tairu leads Texas Tech over South Dakota 88-49Nov 14, 2009 - 6:57 AM LUBBOCK, Texas(AP) -- David Tairu scored 17 points and Mike Singletary added 15 to lead Texas Tech to an 88-49 victory against South Dakota in the Duel in the Desert tournament Friday night.
The Red Raiders enjoyed balance on offense, with seven players scoring at least eight points. Darko Cohadarevic collected a game-high 13 rebounds.
Tairu was 6 of 10 from the floor, including two 3-pointers.
Texas Tech (1-0) led 42-21 at halftime, and a 20-0 run during the first 6 minutes of the second half gave the Red Raiders a 64-25 cushion.
Tyler Cain led South Dakota (0-1) with 11 points and nine rebounds.
- Chris Beard bolted UNLV to come 'home' to Texas Tech Apr 16
- Coach Chris Beard spurns UNLV for Texas Tech Apr 15
- Smith leads 5th school to NCAAs as Texas Tech faces Butler Mar 16
- IPFW beats South Dakota 86-70 in Summit League quarterfinal Mar 5
- South Dakota takes down Florida Gulf Coast 89-81 in OT Dec 28
- Texas Tech at a glance Oct 28
- Texas Tech aims for turnaround after 2 losing seasons Oct 28
- Baylor rallies past Texas Tech Mar 7
- Texas Tech and Baylor meet in regular-season finale Mar 6
- Oklahoma sneaks past Texas Tech in OT Feb 21
- Hapless Red Raiders play host to 17th-ranked Sooners Feb 21
- Prince, Baylor hold off Texas Tech Feb 17