Radford defeats Navy 76-65Nov 14, 2009 - 2:59 AM RADFORD, Va.(AP) -- Joey Lynch-Flohr and Artsiom Parakhouski both tallied double-doubles to propel Radford to a 76-65 win over Navy in the season opener for both teams on Friday night.
Lynch-Flohr scored 21 points and grabbed 11 rebounds, and Parakhouski added 20 points and 13 boards for the Highlanders. It was the 13th double-double of Lynch-Flohr's career and Parakhouski's 18th.
Blake Smith added 17 points and eight rebounds.
Radford trailed 37-31 at halftime, but shot 56.7 percent (17-for-30) from the floor in the second half to seal the comeback win.
Navy shot just 28.6 percent (12-for-42) in the second, and was outscored 32-12 in the paint.
The Midshipmen led 63-62 with 3:31 left, but Radford went on a 13-0 run from that point to go up by 12 with 18 seconds left. Parakhouski and Smith scored five points apiece during the run.
Chris Harris paced Navy with 21 points.
- Michigan State avoids upset in Annapolis Nov 15
- No. 18 Michigan State opens campaign at Navy Nov 14
- NCAA punishes Radford for violations Feb 24
- No. 10 Missouri cruises past Navy Dec 10
- 10th-ranked Tigers set sights on Midshipmen in Columbia Dec 10
- Kentucky rolls over Radford Nov 23
- Radford faces tall task in clash with No. 2 Kentucky Nov 23
- Walker, Gators bounce back to down Radford Dec 22
- American U advances to semis; beats Navy 62-60 Mar 3
- Radford defeats Charleston Southern 64-61 in OT Mar 2
- Radford rallies to beat Winthrop 54-52 Feb 27
- Jonson, Roemer lead Colgate past Navy 85-73 Feb 27