Stony Brook defeats Maryland Eastern Shore 75-57Nov 14, 2009 - 4:42 AM PRINCESS ANNE, Md.(AP) -- Muhammad El-Amin scored 25 points and Stony Brook defeated Maryland-Eastern Shore 75-57 in the season opener for both teams Friday night.
Trailing 20-14 in the first half, the Seawolves went on a 12-4 run over a seven minute span to take a 26-24 lead on two free throws by Bryan Dougher 6:28 remaining in the half.
Dougher, who had seven points during the run, finished with 11 points.
Stony Brook, which led 40-28 at halftime, took its largest lead 74-53 on a layup by El-Amin with 2:37 to play.
El-Amin was 9-for-20 from the field. The Seahawks shot 47.2 percent (25 of 53).
The Seawolves shot 91.7 percent from the free-throw line in the second half (11 of 12), while the Hawks made just 47.1 percent of their foul shots for the game (16-34).
Maryland-Eastern Shore was led by Hillary Haley with 13 points and Mark Robertson with 10.
- NCAA BB
STONY BROOK 75
MD EASTRN SHORE 57 FINAL
Nov 13 9:25 PM
- NCAA BB
STONY BROOK 40
MD EASTRN SHORE 28 HALFTIME
Nov 13 7:57 PM
- Stony Brook hires Ohio State's Boals as basketball coach Apr 9
- Kentucky routs Stony Brook 85-57, gets Indiana next Mar 18
- No. 4 seed Kentucky opens NCAA Tournament vs. Stony Brook Mar 17
- At Stony Brook, team and fan help each other cope with loss Mar 16
- Stony Brook with 91-42 win over Div. III Farmingdale State Nov 28
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Stony Brook stuns No. 13 Washington Dec 28
- Seawolves head to land of Seahawks to test Huskies Dec 28
- No. 15 VCU beats UMES 106-66 Nov 20
- Rams butt heads with Hawks in Legends Classic Nov 20
- No. 12 Villanova eases past Maryland-Eastern Shore Nov 18