Lin scores 24 as Harvard beats Holy Cross 87-77Nov 14, 2009 - 3:14 AM WORCESTER, Mass.(AP) -- Jeremy Lin scored 24 points and four other Harvard players scored in double figures to beat Holy Cross 87-77 in the season opener for both teams on Friday night.
Dee Giger finished with 13 points for the Crimson. Kyle Casey had 12 points, and Keith Wright and Oliver McNally each added 11.
Harvard trailed 45-42 in the second half after Crusaders' Andrew Keister's basket with 15:19 left. But the Crimson outscored Holy Cross 9-4, capped by Lin's two-handed slam dunk to give Harvard a 51-49 lead with 11:15 remaining.
Giger hit two 3-pointers to push the Crimson's margin to eight points a minute later. Lin, who shot 10-for-13 from the free throw line, hit a 3-pointer to put Harvard ahead 74-61 with 4:19 to play.
Keister led Holy Cross with 22 points. R.J. Evans and Devin Brown each scored 12 points, while Mike Cavataio added 11.
- NCAA BB
HOLY CROSS 77 FINAL
Nov 13 9:08 PM
- NCAA BB
HOLY CROSS 30 HALFTIME
Nov 13 7:58 PM
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Unlikely qualifier Holy Cross plays Southern in First Four Mar 15
- Highly rated recruiting class could boost Harvard basketball Dec 19
- Harvard, Stanford to face off in 2016 hoops opener in China Nov 13
- Jackson's dunk helps UNC top Harvard Mar 20
- Holy Carmody! Crusaders name their coach Mar 19
- Tar Heels take aim at Crimson in second round Mar 19
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- Holy Cross fires Brown after 5 seasons Mar 6
- Virginia dominates Harvard Dec 21
- Harvard hits road to challenge No. 6 Virginia Dec 21
- Holy Cross shocks Harvard Nov 16