Xavier beats Youngstown State 83-57Nov 14, 2009 - 3:41 AM CINCINNATI, Ohio(AP) -- Jordan Crawford scored 14 points to lead five Xavier players in double-figure scoring in an 83-57 win over Youngstown State in the season opener for both teams on Friday night.
Jason Love and Mark Lyons scored 12 points apiece, Brad Redford 11 and Terrell Holloway 10 for the Musketeers. Love led the team with eight rebounds and Holloway went 2-for-3 from beyond the arc.
Xavier jumped out to a 24-8 lead to start the game, sparked by a pair of 3-pointers from Redford and five points from Crawford.
The Musketeers led 48-24 at halftime, and pushed their lead to 31 points with 6:15 remaining on a Lyons layup.
Xavier shot 51.1 percent (23-for-45) from the field in the game compared to just a 32.8 mark (21-for-64) for the Penguins.
Vytas Sulskis led the Penguins with 12 points.
- No NBA: Trevon Bluiett staying at Xavier for junior season May 23
- Xavier gives coach Chris Mack an additional year on contract Apr 14
- Badgers, Musketeers preparing for physical NCAA clash Mar 19
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- No. 5 Xavier looking to fix defense at Big East tournament Mar 7
- No. 5 Xavier in running for high NCAA tournament seed Feb 25
- Big East's top 2 teams set for high-stakes rematch at Xavier Feb 23
- Xavier's Sumner 'walking, talking' after hard fall at game Dec 31
- Youngstown State beats Robert Morris 65-58 Dec 2
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- Xavier's Chris Mack gets 1-year extension Apr 1