Segura leads Texas State over Howard Payne, 102-67Nov 14, 2009 - 5:58 AM SAN MARCOS, Texas(AP) -- Playing in his first game at Texas State, Uriel Segura scored 15 points and had four assists to lead the Bobcats to a 102-67 victory against Howard Payne on Friday night.
Segura, a junior-college transfer, was one of five players who scored in double figures for Texas State (1-0).
The Bobcats, who led 51-43 at halftime, broke the game open by forcing 10 turnovers and limiting Howard Payne (0-1) to 28 percent shooting in the second half.
Cameron Johnson, John Rybak and John Bowman added 12 points each. Dylan Hale, a starting guard and the only freshman on Texas State's roster, had 10 points.
Keith Perry led Howard Payne with 24 points and seven rebounds.
- NCAA BB
HOWARD PAYNE 67
TEXAS STATE 102 FINAL
Nov 13 11:51 PM
- Longhorns rout Texas State Dec 13
- Lone Star State showdown pits Longhorns against Bobcats Dec 13
- Texas State tabs Kaspar as men's hoops coach Apr 5
- Texas surges past Texas State Dec 11
- Southeastern Louisiana tips Texas St. 79-78 in OT Mar 11
- Johnson's 29 points lead Texas State to 83-76 win Mar 3
- Texas State defeats Northwestern State 89-75 Feb 27
- Stephen F. Austin defeats Texas State 77-70 Feb 24
- Nicholls State defeats Texas State 66-63 Feb 20
- Texas State defeats Lamar, 81-67 Feb 13
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi edges Texas State 63-60 Feb 10
- Texas State holds off McNeese State 95-88 Feb 6