St. Mary's, Texas 47, Tulsa 72Nov 14, 2009 - 3:35 AM TULSA, Okla. (AP) Justin Hurtt and Ben Uzoh scored 16 points each as Tulsa defeated Division II St. Mary's 72-47 in the season opener for both teams Friday.
Sophomore Steven Idlet had career highs in points (15) and rebounds (9)for Tulsa. Guards Curtis Mitchell and John Roberts continually broke down the TU defense, creating easy shots for themselves and their teammates. Mitchell finished with a team-high 10 points for St. Mary's.
St. Mary's tied the score at 30 in the opening minutes of the second half before Tulsa pulled away for good. Tulsa had a 36-27 rebounding advantage and made 17 of 30 free throws compared to 2 of 2 for St. Mary's.
- Ex-Georgia coach Dennis Felton looking for another chance Apr 1
- Michigan's last-second shots set up First Four vs Tulsa Mar 16
- SMU beats Tulsa to claim AAC title Mar 8
- Tulsa and SMU meet for AAC crown Mar 8
- No. 23 SMU uses late run to down Tulsa Feb 7
- Mustangs seek to weather storm against Golden Hurricane Feb 7
- Sooners roll over sputtering Tulsa Dec 13
- Rivals collide as Oklahoma takes on Tulsa Dec 13
- No. 9 Wichita State routs Tulsa Nov 30
- Tulsa comes calling on No. 9 Wichita State Nov 29
- Haith leaves Mizzou for Tulsa Apr 18
- Report: Haith leaving Missouri for Tulsa Apr 17