Aminu leads Wake Forest over Oral Roberts 76-56Nov 14, 2009 - 4:39 AM WINSTON-SALEM, N.C.(AP) -- Al-Farouq Aminu scored 18 of his 25 points in the second half and added 13 rebounds, helping new-look Wake Forest beat Oral Roberts 76-56 Friday night in the season opener for both teams.
Freshman Ari Stewart had 11 points for the Demon Deacons, who finished with a 51-25 advantage in rebounds and pulled away down the stretch to hand the Golden Eagles their seventh consecutive loss against teams from the Atlantic Coast Conference.
Chas McFarland and L.D. Williams each scored 10 as Wake Forest played its first game without departed stars Jeff Teague and James Johnson, now in the NBA. And if Aminu's performance was any indication, he soon will join his former teammates at the next level.
Kevin Ford led Oral Roberts with 19 points and teammate Michael Craion finished with 13.
- Wake Forest adds 2nd grad transfer, Matt Williams from UCF Apr 27
- Wake adds grad transfer Austin Arians from Milwaukee Apr 20
- Manning: 2 Wake Forest men's basketball players to transfer Mar 15
- After another losing season, Wake turns focus to future Mar 9
- S. Dakota St. rallies to beat ORU in Summit League tourney Mar 6
- Wake Forest suspends Thomas, dismisses Hudson from hoop team Feb 19
- 'It just hurts': Frustrated Wake Forest hopes for turnaround Jan 27
- Wilbekin, Crawford taking on bigger role at Wake Forest Nov 4
- Wake Forest suspends Hudson, Watson from hoop team Oct 31
- Wake expects improvement in Manning's second season Oct 26
- Wake Forest Preview Capsule Oct 26
- Wake Forest G Miller-McIntyre out 4-6 weeks with broken foot Oct 19