Maryland cruises past Charleston Southern 89-51Nov 14, 2009 - 3:42 AM By DAVID GINSBURG AP Sports Writer
COLLEGE PARK, Md.(AP) -- Landon Milbourne scored 16, Greivis Vasquez compensated for a poor shooting performance with 13 assists, and Maryland cruised to an 89-51 season-opening rout of Charleston Southern on Friday night.
Sean Mosley had 15 points, freshman Jordan Williams contributed 12 points and nine rebounds, and Eric Hayes and James Padgett each scored 10 for the Terrapins, who never trailed. Vasquez finished with nine points on 3-for-14 shooting.
The victory improved Maryland's record at the Comcast Center to 100-20 since the building opened in 2002.
Jamarco Warren led Charleston Southern (with 14 points. The Buccaneers are 1-41 against current members of the Atlantic Coast Conference; the lone win came against Georgia Tech in the 1980-81 season.
- Maryland's Stone to sign agent, Trimble declares for draft Apr 11
- Maryland junior Robert Carter enters name in NBA draft Apr 7
- Maryland's late-season fade leads into offseason of change Mar 25
- No. 5 Maryland outworked by top-seeded Kansas in Sweet 16 Mar 25
- Top-seeded Kansas expects battle from No. 5 Maryland Mar 24
- Maryland assumes underdog role against top-seeded Kansas Mar 22
- No. 13 seed Hawaii to play 4th-seeded Maryland Mar 19
- Jackrabbits seek 1st NCAA Tournament win Mar 17
- Fifth-seed Maryland enters NCAA Tournament lacking momentum Mar 15
- No. 14 Maryland stumbling toward the finish in Big Ten Mar 2
- Trimble and No. 10 Maryland hope 6-day break is beneficial Feb 26
- Maryland center Diamond Stone suspended 1 game by coach Feb 15