Spencer leads LSU past Louisiana-Monroe 82-62Nov 14, 2009 - 4:35 AM BATON ROUGE, La.(AP) -- Bo Spencer scored a career-high 23 points to lead LSU to a 82-62 win over Louisiana-Monroe in the season opener for both teams Friday night.
Spencer, whose previous high was 21 points, made eight field goals, including three 3-pointers. Spencer, who had offseason wrist surgery, also had five assists.
Storm Warren, who made his first career start, recorded a double-double with 15 points and 12 rebounds. He also had four assists and three blocked shots.
The only other player in double figures for the Tigers was Tasmin Mitchell, who finished with 15 points.
All of LSU's nine players scored.
Malcolm Thomas and Tony Hooper each had 11 points for UL-Monroe. Warren Fuselier came off the bench to score ten points for the Warhawks.
LSU took control of the game with its defense as UL-Monroe failed to score on its first 14 possessions.
- LSU coach: Guard Tim Quarterman leaving for NBA draft Mar 28
- LSU freshman Ben Simmons announces he'll enter the NBA draft Mar 21
- LSU coach takes responsibility for disappointing season Mar 15
- LSU coach: Tigers won't play in any postseason tourneys Mar 13
- LSU says Ben Simmons ineligible for Wooden Award Mar 5
- Simmons confident LSU will raise game vs. tougher schedule Dec 28
- Fast start by LSU's Simmons compares well to recent greats Dec 4
- Minnesota beats Louisiana-Monroe 67-56 Nov 15
- Louisiana-Monroe cruises over McMurry 88-43 in opener Nov 13
- LSU hoping Simmons, Blakeney make Tigers an SEC power Oct 29
- LSU embracing hype, expectations, surrounding Simmons Oct 14
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1