Siena beats Tennessee State 85-69Nov 14, 2009 - 4:30 AM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Clarence Jackson scored 24 points as Siena routed Tennessee State 85-69 on Friday night in the season opener for both teams.
Alex Franklin added a double-double for the Saints, who won the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference title and advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament last year. Franklin had 19 points and 14 rebounds.
The Saints shot the ball well all night, shooting 69.2 percent (18-for-26) in the second half and 65.2 percent (30-for-46) for the game.
The loss spoiled the head coaching debut of Tennessee State's John Cooper, who was an assistant head coach at Auburn.
Robert Covington led the Tigers with 21 points and Josh Sain added 16 points.
It was the second meeting between the teams, with Siena winning the first contest 89-61 during the 2006-07 season.
- NCAA BB
TENNESSEE ST 68 FINAL
Nov 13 10:00 PM
- NCAA BB
TENNESSEE ST 28 HALFTIME
Nov 13 8:47 PM
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Guyn's 26 lead E. Tennessee St. in 103-90 win over Green Bay Nov 17
- Siena's Ogunyemi won't have to sit out after transfers Oct 30
- Hapless Tigers challenge high-flying Frogs Dec 29
- Anderson, Gill power No. 8 Virginia past Tennessee State Nov 26
- Tennessee State comes calling on No. 8 Virginia Nov 25
- Siena extends Patsos' contract Jun 18
- Tennessee State names Dana Ford head coach Apr 21
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5
- Bulldogs and Saints meet in CBI rubber match Apr 5
- Fresno State routs Siena, ties CBI Apr 2
- Siena seeks CBI crown in showdown with Fresno State Apr 2