Higgins, Colorado top Arkansas-Pine Bluff, 88-72Nov 14, 2009 - 4:37 AM BOULDER, Colo.(AP) -- Cory Higgins hit all 16 free-throw attempts and scored 26 points to lead Colorado to an 88-72 victory against Arkansas-Pine Bluff on Friday night.
Alec Burks added 13 for Colorado (1-0), which is 13-1 in season openers since 1996. The Buffaloes were without coach Jeff Bzdelik, who was away to attend to an unspecified family emergency.
Terrance Calvin led Arkansas-Pine Bluff (0-1) with 21 points. Tyree Glass had 13.
The Golden Lions, who belong to the Southwestern Athletic Conference, led for the last time, 4-2, after LeBaron Weathers' 15-foor jumper with 17:55 remaining in the first half. An 11-0 run by Colorado shortly afterward gave the Buffaloes the lead for good.
- Purvis spurs UConn comeback for 74-67 win over Colorado Mar 17
- Can UConn start another title run with an afterthought seed? Mar 16
- No. 11 Oregon State women grind out 61-47 win over Colorado Jan 24
- Anglin scores 20, Northern Colorado tops Montana State 78-76 Jan 16
- Boyle, Buffs look to rebound from disappointing season Oct 28
- Colorado Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Colorado's Xavier Johnson tears Achilles Jun 25
- Arizona eases past Colorado Feb 27
- No. 7 Arizona meets Colorado in Pac-12 tilt Feb 26
- No. 13 Utah blows out Colorado Feb 8
- Utes and Buffs square off in Pac-12 tilt Feb 7
- No. 10 Arizona takes care of Colorado Jan 16