South Dakota State wins 77-61 over WyomingNov 14, 2009 - 5:33 AM LARAMIE, Wyo.(AP) -- Clint Sargent scored 18 points as South Dakota State defeated Wyoming 77-61 Friday in the season opener for both teams.
The Jackrabbits used hot outside shooting to score 13 unanswered points early, building a double-digit lead that they held the rest of the way. South Dakota State led by as many as 28 in the second half.
Kai Williams came off the bench to add 17 points for South Dakota State, with Garrett Callahan adding 11.
Afam Muojeke led Wyoming with 19 points, followed by A.J. Davis with 14.
Sargent and Williams combined for eight 3-pointers in the first half and the Jackrabbits finished the game by hitting 11 of 21, to just 3 of 13 for Wyoming. South Dakota State also shot 53 percent from the field, to just 42 percent for the Cowboys.
- NCAA BB
SO DAKOTA ST 77
WYOMING 61 FINAL
Nov 13 11:31 PM
- South Dakota St hires Otzelberger as men's basketball coach Apr 14
- Shyatt steps down as Wyoming coach; Edwards is new coach Mar 21
- Jackrabbits seek 1st NCAA Tournament win Mar 17
- South Dakota State men win Summit championship, 67-59 Mar 9
- South Dakota State edges Denver in Summit tourney 54-53 Mar 8
- S. Dakota St. rallies to beat ORU in Summit League tourney Mar 6
- South Dakota State beats D-II Wayne State 80-53 Dec 2
- Bittle scores 23, South Dakota St. beats Chadron St., 87-52 Nov 14
- UNI holds off Wyoming Mar 20
- East Regional action pits Wyoming against Northern Iowa Mar 20
- Wyoming tops San Diego State for MWC title Mar 15
- Cowboys and Aztecs battle for MWC crown Mar 14