Montana defeats North Dakota 61-37Nov 14, 2009 - 6:06 AM MISSOULA, Mont.(AP) -- Anthony Johnson scored 20 points and Montana hit nine 3-pointers in the second half to pull away from North Dakota in a 61-37 victory Friday in the Grizzly Tournament.
The Grizzlies outscored the Fighting Sioux 37-15 in the final 20 minutes to break open a game Montana led 24-22 at halftime. Montana finished 11 of 24 from beyond the 3-point line and limited North Dakota to 33 percent shooting from the floor.
Patrick Mitchell led North Dakota with 15 points.
After going 0 for 4 from the field in the first half, Ryan Staudacher sank three straight 3s in a two-minute span to give the Grizzlies a comfortable 50-35 lead with just over six minutes remaining. He finished with 11 points.
- North Dakota sells Fighting Sioux items to satisfy NCAA Feb 18
- North Dakota beats NAIA's Valley City State 80-59 Dec 17
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- Montana tabs DeCuire to replace Tinkle May 31
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- North Dakota comes calling on No. 14 Oregon Nov 30
- North Dakota tangles with No. 12 Wisconsin Nov 19
- Montana dismisses Coleman Jun 7
- Syracuse advances in rout of Montana Mar 22