Fredette scores 25 as BYU defeats Bradley 70-60Nov 14, 2009 - 5:02 AM PROVO, Utah(AP) -- Jimmer Fredette scored a game-high 25 points to lead BYU past Bradley 70-60 Friday night in the first game of the season for both teams.
Fredette made 12 of 14 free throws and added five rebounds and four assists for the Cougars (1-0). He drove the lane for a layup and converted four free throws to lead an 8-0 spurt that gave BYU a 56-46 lead with eight minutes to go. Bradley never drew closer than seven points.
Chris Roberts scored 16 and Sam Maniscalco added 15 to lead Bradley. Braves guard Andre Warren scored 13 and grabbed a team-high six rebounds after missing last season with a stress fracture in his foot.
Bradley (0-1) played without forward Taylor Brown, who was suspended by coach Jim Les for a violation of team rules. A school spokesman declined to reveal the length of the suspension.
Jonathan Tavernari scored 13 points and Michael Loyd Jr. added 10 for BYU.
- NCAA BB
BYU 70 FINAL
Nov 13 11:36 PM
- NCAA BB
BYU 32 HALFTIME
Nov 13 10:19 PM
- BYU freshman phenom Emery having record-setting season Feb 26
- BYU escapes with 69-67 win over San Diego Feb 19
- Utah coach says 'toxic' atmosphere halted BYU series Jan 11
- Utah cancels basketball game against BYU next season Jan 6
- BYU guard Nick Emery suspended 1 game for punching opponent Dec 3
- BYU's Kyle Collinsworth relishes Mr. Triple-Double title Dec 3
- No. 17 Oklahoma women rebound to defeat BYU 73-47 Nov 19
- Bradley names Brian Wardle head coach Mar 27
- Ole Miss surges back to beat BYU in Dayton Mar 18
- BYU and Ole Miss meet in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 17
- No. 7 Gonzaga beats BYU to win 14th WCC title Mar 11
- Bulldogs and Cougars collide in WCC title game Mar 10