Utah State edges Weber State 66-60Nov 14, 2009 - 5:00 AM OGDEN, Utah(AP) -- Tyler Newbold scored 15 points as Utah State defeated Weber State 66-60 on Friday.
Nate Bendall had 13 points while Jared Quayle had 11 and Brian Green finished with 10 for the Aggies (1-0), who shot 20-of-22 from the free-throw line, including 5-of-6 in the final 47 seconds to seal the win.
Damian Lillard scored a game-high 20 points while Franklin Session had 11 for the Wildcats (0-1), who made just 2-of-20 from the 3-point line.
Newbolds three-point play with 1:25 left in the first half gave the Aggies a 28-21 halftime lead.
The Aggies then opened the second half on a 12-4 run, capped off by a layup from Quayle, for their biggest lead of the game at 40-25.
- Utah State's Jalen Moore to submit name for NBA draft Mar 25
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- Utah State downs Union (Tenn.) 73-49 Nov 20
- Utah State coach Stew Morrill to retire at season's end Jan 9
- No. 19 Oklahoma blows past Weber State Dec 22
- Oklahoma hoping to bounce back in bout with Weber State Dec 22
- Gordon helps Arizona get past Weber State Mar 21
- Weber State faces tall task in clash with No. 1 seed Arizona Mar 21
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- San Diego State routs Utah State in MWC quarters Mar 13