San Francisco overtakes Cal Poly 73-62Nov 14, 2009 - 5:14 AM SAN FRANCISCO(AP)Dior Lowhorn picked up where he left off last season, scoring a game-high 22 points to help San Francisco beat Cal Poly 73-62 Friday in the season opener for both teams.
Lowhorn, the West Coast Conference's top scorer in 2008-09 at 20.1 points per game, had 16 in the first half as the Dons (1-0) opened a 44-28 lead.
Jordan Lewis led with 12 points for Cal Poly (0-1), which trailed by double digits for much of new coach Joe Callero's first game with the Mustangs.
- New San Francisco coach Kyle Smith seeks another turnaround Apr 1
- Kyle Smith new San Francisco basketball coach Mar 30
- San Francisco fires coach Rex Walters after 8 seasons Mar 9
- Gonzaga rallies to down San Francisco Mar 8
- Dons challenge Zags in WCC Tournament action Mar 7
- Gonzaga holds off San Francisco Feb 8
- No. 6 Gonzaga cruises past San Francisco Jan 9
- San Francisco hits road seeking upset of No. 6 Gonzaga Jan 8
- No. 8 Gonzaga tops Cal Poly Dec 21
- Bulldogs take on Mustangs in Battle in Seattle Dec 20
- Shockers crush Cal Poly, move to 35-0 Mar 22
- Shockers tip off tourney run against Mustangs Mar 21