Northern Colorado defeats McNeese State 101-73Nov 14, 2009 - 5:15 AM HONOLULU(AP) -- Northern Colorado used a 20-1 second-half run to break away from McNeese State for a 101-73 win in the opening game of the Outrigger Hotels Rainbow Classic on Friday.
The Cowboys went almost 10 minutes between second-half field goals as Northern Colorado built a 30-point lead.
Five players scored in double figures for Northern Colorado (1-0), led by senior guard Will Figures' 19 points.
Junior guard Stephan Martin came off the bench to lead McNeese State (0-1) with 23 points.
In the first half, the Cowboys shot 8-for-16 from 3-point range to stay close. McNeese State trailed by four points with 10 seconds remaining in the first half, but a last-second 3-pointer and the early second-half run lifted the Bears.
- Boise State assistant named head coach at Northern Colorado May 1
- Northern Colorado fires men's basketball coach B.J. Hill Apr 21
- San Diego State blows past McNeese State Dec 22
- No. 24 San Diego State entertains McNeese State Dec 21
- Balanced attack sends Michigan State past McNeese State Nov 9
- No. 2 Michigan State opens against McNeese State Nov 8
- North Carolina routs McNeese State Dec 22
- McNeese State comes calling on No. 23 North Carolina Dec 22
- Wichita State routs Northern Colorado Dec 9
- 24th-ranked Shockers play host to struggling Bears Dec 8
- Lamar downs McNeese State in Southland final Mar 11
- Cardinals and Cowboys clash for Southland crown Mar 10