Santa Clara beats CS Bakersfield 84-81Nov 14, 2009 - 7:11 AM BAKERSFIELD, Calif.(AP) -- Kevin Foster made a crucial 3-pointer as time was winding down to put Santa Clara ahead for good in a 84-81 victory over Cal State Bakersfield on Friday night.
Foster's 21 points were a team-high, while Troy Paine chipped in 15 and a team-high nine boards.
Trent Blakley led the Roadrunners with 20 points and Santwon Latunde added 18 points. The duo also recorded double-doubles, with Latunde grabbing a career-high 15 rebounds and Blakley adding 10.
The game was tight but the Roadrunners missed four free throws in the final 3:19, and that left an opening for Santa Clara to exploit.
- Santa Clara hopes Sendek can lift team to WCC elite Mar 30
- Santa Clara hires Herb Sendek as new head coach Mar 29
- Santa Clara fires basketball coach Kerry Keating Mar 7
- Gonzaga pulls away in second half, tops Santa Clara Feb 6
- Broncos face tall task in clash with second-ranked Bulldogs Feb 5
- Gonzaga rolls over Santa Clara Jan 11
- Broncos battle Bulldogs in WCC fracas Jan 10
- Michigan State cruises past Santa Clara Nov 25
- Broncos hit road seeking upset of Spartans Nov 24
- No. 16 SDSU beats Bakersfield 51-27 Nov 21
- 16th-ranked Aztecs take on Roadrunners Nov 20
- No. 24 Gonzaga tops Santa Clara to open WCC play Dec 28