Princeton outlasts Central Michigan, 71-68Nov 14, 2009 - 8:54 PM MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich.(AP) -- Douglas Davis scored 16 points, including the last four of the game, as Princeton defeated Central Michigan 71-68 on Saturday.
Central Michigan (0-1) led 68-67 with 45 seconds to play after a pair of free throws by Jordan Bitzer, who had 19 points and six rebounds for the Chippewas.
But Davis scored with 28 seconds to play to give the Tigers (1-0) the lead, then blocked a shot on the other end, was fouled and made two free throws. Robbie Harman, who had a game-high 22 points, missed a late 3-point attempt for Central Michigan that would have tied the game.
Dan Mavraides also scored 16 points for Princeton and Zach Finley added 13. The Tigers led 53-44 with 12 minutes 46 seconds to play, but the Chippewas rallied to tie at 62-62 on a Harman jumper with 3:06 remaining.
- NCAA BB
CENTRL MICHIGAN 68 FINAL
Nov 14 2:10 PM
- NCAA BB
CENTRL MICHIGAN 39 HALFTIME
Nov 14 12:57 PM
- Princeton forward Hans Brase to miss basketball season Nov 15
- Buffalo downs Central Michigan for MAC title Mar 14
- Bulls lock horns with Chippewas in MAC title Mar 14
- No. 2 Michigan holds off Central Michigan Dec 29
- Wolverines hope to avoid upset in clash with Chippewas Dec 29
- Southerland, Syracuse roll over Princeton Nov 21
- No. 6 Orange set to pounce on Tigers Nov 21
- Keno Davis lands at Central Michigan Apr 3
- Central Michigan fires head coach Ernie Zeigler Mar 14
- Princeton continues home dominance of Harvard Feb 12
- 25th-ranked Crimson set sights on Tigers Feb 11
- Kentucky escapes with last second win over Princeton Mar 17