Nebraska opens with 76-49 win over S.C.-UpstateNov 15, 2009 - 3:52 AM LINCOLN, Neb.(AP) -- Lance Jeter scored 17 points and Nebraska used a 25-2 surge early in the second half to defeat South Carolina-Upstate 76-49 in a season opener Saturday night.
Brandon Ubel added 12 points and Toney McCray had 10 off the bench.
South Carolina-Upstate trimmed it to 34-30 early in the second half before Nebraska's game-turning run. Nebraska hit 54.8 percent in the second half, including 8-for-13 from 3-point range.
Jorge Brian Diaz finished with nine points and 11 rebounds, becoming the first Nebraska freshman in six years to reach double figures in rebounds in his debut.
Carter Cook finished with nine points, hitting three 3-pointers, but no Spartan finished in double figures.
- Miami transfer, coveted 6-11 center sign with Cornhuskers May 17
- Butler assistant Michael Lewis joining Miles' Nebraska staff May 3
- Huskers' Andrew White declaring for draft but could return Apr 21
- Nebraska assistant resigning to take same job at Boise St. Apr 12
- Nebraska, Kansas agree to meet in basketball next 2 seasons Mar 1
- Huskers' Shields hits head, will follow concussion protocol Feb 6
- Undersized, young Huskers will count on celebrated recruits Oct 27
- Nebraska at a glance Oct 27
- Nebraska's Petteway declares for NBA Draft Apr 16
- Trimble, Wells help No. 10 Maryland beat Nebraska Mar 8
- Nebraska plays host to No. 10 Maryland Mar 8
- Ospreys and Spartans collide in A-Sun title bout Mar 8