Trio keys IUPUI win over Drake, 88-82Nov 14, 2009 - 10:11 PM DES MOINES, Iowa(AP) -- Robert Glenn made 15 of 17 shots from the field and scored 37 points to lead IUPUI past Drake 88-82 on Saturday.
Glenn, a senior, scored a career high as the Jaguars (1-0) overcame 17 turnovers and an early 11-point deficit by shooting 67 percent from the floor. IUPUI made 10 of its 17 3-point attempts, led by Nobles' 5-for-7 performance from behind the arc.
Leroy Nobles scored 27 and Alex Young 19, joining Glenn to account for 83 of the Jaguars' 88 points. Young's fifth 3-pointer put the Jaguars ahead for good 81-80 with 3 minutes 47 seconds remaining.
Jon Avery scored the other five points for the Jaguars.
Ryan Wedel scored 23 points for Drake, making four 3-pointers. The Bulldogs (0-1) were 13-for-26 in 3-point tries and shot 51 percent from the floor overall.
- Werner, N. Dakota St. beat IUPUI in Summit tourney quarters Mar 6
- Drake hoping to turn corner in 2015-16 Oct 5
- Northern Iowa easily handles Drake Feb 7
- Bulldogs hit road to challenge 14th-ranked Panthers Feb 7
- No. 14 Wichita State routs Drake Jan 25
- Drake seeks upset of No. 14 Wichita State Jan 25
- Baker lifts No. 16 Wichita State past Drake Dec 31
- Bulldogs host Shockers in MVC action Dec 31
- Iowa State crushes Drake Dec 20
- 13th-ranked Cyclones clash with Bulldogs Dec 20
- Cotton, Wichita State rout Drake Feb 23
- Shockers seek MVC title in battle with Bulldogs Feb 22